Sunday, May 15, 2016

Worship Choir Spring Season Finale

It's always a bittersweet moment for me when a choir season ends.  On one hand, the season always seems to be ending when the choir is reaching its peak!  On the other hand, the choir begins to get burned out from the deluge of rehearsals they've endured at the hands of their cruel choir director...(I'll just leave that...)

We work from January to May on an Easter musical and 7-8 anthems for presentation on selected Sunday mornings.  It's a lot of work for a volunteer choir.  And they do work hard!  But it pays off in excellent performances of our choral music.

I am human, and therefore vulnerable to pride.  But the pride I feel is in the results this choir is able to produce. I'm proud of the work they put in; I'm proud of the hours they put in rehearsing the music. And I'm proud of the level of commitment they have to present the message of the music.

It's been a great season!  I can't wait for the Fall Season to see what God is going to do with this talented group!

Here is our finale for the Spring Season. Enjoy "I'm Standing On the Solid Rock"!


No comments:

Post a Comment